- About Immunology
- Graduate Program
- Postdoctoral Studies
- Seminars & Events
Students enjoy outdoor activities in the Pacific Northwest
Current PhD Students
Current UW Immunology PhD students form a close-knit community who actively interact and socialize together. As a group, current UW Immunology PhD students gather socially at the department retreat and recruitment events. They are supportive of each others’ work as evidenced by their regular strong attendance at weekly student research presentations and dissertation defenses. It is common to find group of students gathered throughout the department having lunch time or coffee break discussions amongst each other. This community environment is one of the most valued attributes to our graduate program.
CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
Justin Ulrich-Lewis (Microbiology), email@example.com
Radika Soysa (Pathobiology), firstname.lastname@example.org
Joey Leal, email@example.com
Katie Wagner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Talyn Chu, email@example.com
Alina Lorant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jared Delahaye, email@example.com
Rotating 1st Year Graduate Students
Tyler Billipp, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Huang, email@example.com
Sigal Kofman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Miranda Lyons-Cohen, email@example.com
Ragan Pitner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julian Smith, email@example.com
Brittany Ulloa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Program Student Demographics
Current demographics of graduate students in Immunology:
- By Gender: 65% Female, 35% Male
- By Age – Entering students in 2016-17 are 23-28; 100% age 28 or below.
- By Education – Students have a BS or BA primarily in Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular and Cellular Biology. Some students enrolling in the graduate program have already completed a Master’s degree.
Examples of Student Publications
- Lau L, Gray EE, Brunette RL, Stetson DB. 2015. DNA tumor virus oncogenes antagonize the cGAS_STING DNA sensing pathway. Science; pii: aab3291. PMID: 26405230.
- Kolhatkar NS, Brahmandam A, Thouvenel CD, Becker-Herman S, Jacobs HM, Schwartz MA, Allenspach EJ, Khim S, Panigrahi AK, Luning Prak ET, Thrasher AJ, Notarangelo LD, Candotti F, Torgerson TR, Sanz I, Rawlings DJ. 2015. Altered BCR and TLR signals promote enhanced positive selection of autoreactive transitional B cells in Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome. J Exp Med; 212(10):1663-77. PMCID: PMC4577851.
- Wagner CA and Goverman JM. (2015) Novel insights and therapeutics in multiple sclerosis. F1000Research 2015, 4(F1000 Faculty Rev):517.PMCID: PMC4544373.
- Krishnamurty AT, Thouvenel CD, Portugal S, Keitany GJ, Kim KS, Holder A, Crompton PD, Rawlings DJ, Pepper M. (2016) Somatically Hypermutated plasmodium-specific IgM+ memory B cells are rapid, plastic, early responders upon malaria rechallenge. Immunity. 45:402-414. PMCID: PMC5118370.
- Stolley JM, Campbell DJ. (2016) A 33D1+ dendritic cell/autoreactive CD4+ T cell circuit maintains IL-2-dependent regulatory T cells in the spleen. J. Immunol. 197:2635-45. PMCID: PMC5026945.
- Duggan JM, Buechler MB, Olson RM, Hohl TM, Hamerman JA. (2017) BCAP inhibits proliferation and differentiation of myeloid progenitors in the steady state and during demand situations. Blood. 129:1503-1513. PMCID: PMC5356451.